This is a sandwich that will get you through the hot weather, though it is perfectly delicious year-round since the ingredients are readily available at the supermarket. This recipe makes two sandwiches.
- 1 T. Mayonnaise
- 1/2 T. Dijon Mustard
- 4 slices of bread of your choice (multigrain or seeded multigrain recommended)
- 1/2 Cucumber peeled and sliced thin, lengthwise
- 1/2 Beefsteak or heirloom tomato, sliced thin
- 1 Avacodo, sliced
- 2 slices Havarti cheese
- 1/2 c. Alfalfa sprouts
- 2 T. of lemon vinaigrette
1. Slather mayo and mustard together on the bottom slices of bread.
2. Top with the remaining ingredients in this order: cucumber, tomato, avocado, cheese, sprouts, vinaigrette.
3. Top with the remaining slices of bread, cut in half and serve.
You may have enough filling to make a third sandwich, depending on how high you stack your sandwich.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: None
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Slice and assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: veggie sandwich, recipe for veggie sandwich, California style veggie sandwich