You get your protein from edamame and chickpeas and a little from the brown rice, which also delivers carbs along with the cucumbers, cabbage, broccoli, and tomatoes.
1 1/4 c. Brown rice, rinsed
1 1/2 c. Shelled edamame (frozen is fine)
1/2 c. Chickpeas, canned (drained)
1 1/2 c. Broccoli florets lightly steamed or roasted
1 1/2 T. Soy paste
4 C Red cabbage, shredded thinly
2 Persian cucumbers, partially peeled, then cut into 1/2-inch wheels
2 Avocados, cubed
- Cook rice per instructions, tossing the edamame in for the last three minutes to blanch; drain, cool to room temperature.
- Combine the cooled rice and edamame with the cabbage, chickpeas, broccoli florets, and soy paste.
- Divide the mixture evenly into four resealable containers.
- Keep the avocado and cucumbers in a separate container until you’re ready to build your bowl, then add them with a wedge of lime and salt to taste.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Chop and Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buddha bowl, edamame