Tender pumpkin muffins studded with fresh cranberries, golden raisins, walnuts and plenty of spice.
1/2 c. Butter, unsalted (1 stick or 8 T.)
1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Dark brown sugar
1 c. Pumpkin puree (canned), preferably organic
1 t. Vanilla
1 c. Whole Wheat Flour * Substitute your favorite 1 for 1 gluten-free flour blend
1 c. All Purpose Flour * Substitute your favorite 1 for 1 gluten-free flour blend
1 1/2 t. Cinnamon
1 t. Ground Ginger
1/2 t. Nutmeg
1/4 t. Ground cloves
1/2 t. Baking Soda
1/2 t. Kosher Salt
1/3 c. Golden Raisins
1/2 c. Chopped fresh cranberries (thawed and patted dry if frozen)
1/2 c. Walnuts, coarsely chopped
Sparking sugar or turbinado sugar for topping, optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners (or grease with butter or PAM spray)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, whole wheat flour, spices and salt. Set aside.
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, melt the butter on low. Turn off the heat and add the sugar and brown sugar. Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the two eggs and vanilla. Stir to incorporate.
- Add pumpkin puree and raisins, stir until pumpkin is completely mixed in.
- Add the flour mixture. Stir only until traces of flour disappear.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin; batter will reach the tops of each cup.
- Top each muffin with ½ t. of sparkling sugar or turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!
Keywords: spiced pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cranberry muffins, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cranberry muffins recipe