Choosing a filling is where these pies get creative. You have a metric ton of Thanksgiving leftovers, and though most of that is potato, you can still combine classic sides to make a delicious pie. Try a filling of stuffing and gravy, of mashed potatoes and turkey, of green bean casserole and candied yams. Go crazy.
- 4 single pie crusts, thawed
- 2 cups of Thanksgiving leftovers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Using a bowl about 4 inches across, trace and cut 8 circles from the pie-crust. Lay the crusts flat on an oiled baking sheet. You may have to fold some scraps into a ball and roll it out flat to make the last one.
- Place about three tablespoons of your leftover Thanksgiving filling on top of 4 of the circles (bottoms).
- Place the other circles (the tops) on top of your filled circles; press the dough down around the filling, crimping the edges with a fork
- Brush the pies on all sides with olive oil
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown
Keywords: thanksgiving leftovers mini pies, mini pies, what to do with leftover turkey