Before we get into this madness, this is the easy peasy recipe, not the hardcore perfectly authentic from scratch foodie recipe. If you’re a busy vegan mom knocking out a good dinner then this is your slow cooker jam.
- 1 20 oz can of jackfruit in brine, drained
- 1 7 oz can of chipotle pepers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1 large onion, halved, then sliced thinly
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- teaspoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your slow cooker on high
- Blend chipotles and adobo sauce
- Sauté the onions and the pineapple until they’re slightly browned
- Add everything to the slowcooker, cook on high for two hours
- Open the lid, pull apart jackfruit, stir, cook for another two hours.
- Serve on warm tortillas of your choice with salsa or escabeche
- Most chipotle sauces and adobo sauces are vegan-friendly, but it’s a big world out there so check the label.
- Add sliced jalapenos for more kick
- Broil or grill the onions, jalapenos, and pineapples
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
Keywords: tacos, al pastor, mexican, vegan, jackfruit tacos recipe, jackfruit taco meat recipe, jackfruit tacos, how to make jackfruit tacos