My need for something creamy and sugary is perfectly satisfied by these frozen cherries coated in Icelandic Skyr, and they’re good for me.
- One 8 oz. bag of frozen dark cherries
- One 8 oz. tub of vanilla Siggis Skir (or yogurt)
- Make some room in your freezer for a baking sheet
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper
- Use a toothpick, or a skewer, or a #3 philips screwdriver to dip each cherry into the Skir until it is coated, then place the cherry onto the baking sheet, leaving space between each. Remove the toothpick.
- Place the full sheet into the freezer for at least a half hour.
- Remove and serve. To yourself. Because you deserve it.
Skir is Icelandic yogurt. It’s denser than regular yogurt and has a less fragrantly fermented flavor. It balances very nicely against the cherries. You don’t have to use all the cherries and you might have Skir left over.
Keywords: frozen dark cherries, Icelandic Skyr, Skir-Coated Frozen Dark Cherries