You can roast the peppers in the broiler but don’t be afraid to fire up the grill. The steak seasoning adds a new savory dimension to this recipe–but you can skip it if it’s not your style. And don’t freak out if they over brown in spots–that’s the tastiest parts.
- About 1/2 lb. fresh shishito peppers (one bag if you get them at Costco)
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon Spice House Chicago Steak Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400° — or fire up the grill.
- Toss the peppers in a large bowl with the oil, salt, and seasoning to coat.
- Spread evenly on a sheet pan and place into the oven for about 7 minutes, or until the peppers begin to blister.
- Alternately, place evenly on grill and roast until peppers blister
- Serve hot
Shishitos are hit and miss with the heat quotient. They’re mostly mild but every once in a while you’ll bite into one that aspires to habanerohood. You’ve been warned.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
Keywords: shishito, peppers, oil, spice house, steak seasoning, grill, roast