Making this flavorful grilled vegetable sandwich is a wonderful way to celebrate the bounty of late summer vegetables without heating up the kitchen. This recipe makes two sandwiches.
- 4 slices of bread of your choice, such as sprouted multigrain, whole wheat, or sourdough
- 1/4 c. Soft goat cheese spread
- 1/2 Beefsteak or heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 Medium Zucchini cut in half and sliced lengthwise
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper, sliced into 4 pieces
- 1 Large eggplant or two small eggplants sliced lengthwise
- 4 T. Olive oil
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. Pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Lightly brush the olive oil mixture on both sides of the vegetables.
- Grill the vegetables, turning once, for approximately three minutes per side until soft and lightly charred. Remove from the grill.
- Spread soft goat cheese on one side of all four slices of bread, tops and bottoms.
- Top the two bottom slices of bread with ingredients in this order: Grilled eggplant, grilled sweet red pepper, grilled zucchini, and beefsteak tomato.
- Top each sandwich with the remaining slices of bread. Secure each half of the sandwiches with toothpicks, cut in half, and serve with a big napkin.
- Prep Time: 40 Munites
- Cook Time: 6 Minutes
- Category: Dinner / Lunch
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American