Salsa guacamole is a bright green savory and creamy cousin to the well-known avocado salsa. Put it into a squirt bottle and keep it in the fridge.
- 3 Ripe Hass avocados, pitted and scooped into a bowl
- 3 Tomatillos (you can parboil them if you wish, but you don’t have to), peeled and washed
- 1 Serrano chile or 1/4 of a poblano chile, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 4 T. of Mexican crema (see recipe above), or sour cream, vegan sour cream, or plain creme fraiche
- 6 T. Water (Reduce to 5 T. if you use Mezcal; a teensy bit more if you’re going to add this to a squirt bottle)
- 1 T. Salt
- 1 T. Mezcal (optional)
- Pinch of cayenne (optional, but if you don’t do it, we can’t be friends)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until the mixture is pureed and smooth. Add more water to make it smoother, if you wish.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
You can tweak this Salsa Guacamole recipe any way you want to suit your preferences. Add more peppers to make it spicier. Add a dash of cumin to make it more savory. Add more salt, crema, or cilantro — whatever you want.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: salsa guacamole, avocado