1 loaf stale Canyon Bakehouse 7 Grain Gluten-free bread*
1/2 c. Plant-based butter such as Soy free Earth Balance
1 1/2 c. Celery chopped
1 –1/2 c. Yellow Onion chopped
1 t. Poultry Seasoning
1 t. Ground Sage
1/2 t. Thyme
1–1/2 t. Salt
1/2 t. Pepper
1/2 c. Parsley chopped
3/4 c. to 1 c. Turkey broth, preferably homemade (see instructions below)
Note: You will need the giblet and neck packet from your turkey to make the homemade broth.
*Substitute packaged gluten-free stuffing bread such as Aleia.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
If you do not have stale bread on hand, the night before preparing the stuffing, remove the bread from the packaging and lay it out on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet inside a cool oven overnight. The bread should be ready to use the next morning.
- To make the broth, remove giblets and neck from turkey and place in a sauce pot with 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil the nreduce heat and simmer until giblets are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Melt plant-based butter in a large saute pan.
- Add chopped celery and onions to saute pan and sweat them until translucent and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Place bread in food processor and pulse until it reaches your desired consistency of small or large chunks.
- Empty processed bread into large mixing bowl.
- Add cooked celery and onion to the bread.
- Add seasonings and parsley to bread mixture and combine.
- Add 3/4 c. broth to seasoned bread and stir to combine. If the stuffing seems dry, add more broth a little bit at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add bread mixture to a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
Oven Space Hack: Instead of using a baking dish, create a foil packet for your stuffing to save oven space. Simply put the stuffing on a large sheet of heavy-duty foil and wrap it up like a package. Form it into a narrow rectangle or whatever shape you wish to fit it beside your other holiday dishes.
- Prep Time: 45 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free stuffing, gluten free stuffing recipe, recipe for gluten free stuffing, gluten free stuffing, thanksgiving gluten free stuffing bread