This southern favorite uses milk and cream.
- 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- 1 c. of white sugar (or any variation of white and brown)
- 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. cream or half-n-half
- Milk to fill
- Nutmeg, grated.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Pour the flour and sugar into the crust and gently stir to mix.
- Add the cream or half-n-half.
- Fill with milk.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350° and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove to cool, chill to serve
Variations: Use buttermilk. Add a single dot of vanilla.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: desserts
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Southern
Keywords: pie, milk, Depression